Sunday, January 31, 2010

Out of the house

I almost did not get out of the house today. I was almost going to turn mouldy in an empty house. Dad and Mum had gone to Bukit Merah Library where Dad was going to give his final series of talks. He is just so amazing, but that is another story which I might blog about later.

I was contemplating whether to go to City Square Mall to cut my hair. The last time I was there, I was given a pamphlet by this hair salon and it kinda looked good. There was a free shuttle from the town centre so that was not really a problem. The real problem was walking from home to town centre, especially now that I do not own a car anymore.

I finally made it out of the house but I was in-between times: the previous free shuttle bus had left and the next one will only come in about 15 minutes. Decided to walk to Old Chang Kee to get some munchies. After all, it is going to be 3pm and I haven't had my lunch.

Going up the shuttle was already a long queue (and I almost could not make it) and then when I reached the mall, there was another beeline for the ATM. Lunch became tunch and it was quite late when I decided to go check out the price from Creme hairdressing. I had wanted to cut and do treatment.

There was no usual frustration as I slowly explained what I wanted (even though I did not really know what I want except that I had wanted bangs). I was also very assertive as to what I wanted and did not want. She was trying to push for me to do another scalp treatment and I told her (more than once) that I would just try out the present one that she has on offer before trying the other treatment next time.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the cut and treatment today. It is almost like Reds, my previous, previous hair salon but more expensive than the one at Toa Payoh Lorong one. This one might be it for me.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that while I was having lunch on the fourth floor food court, I had a nice and full view of the the Thaipusam parade. There was also the Haiti Relief Fund-raising and I did my part but did not stay back to see the performances though. I saw Babe Conde trying out the piano but felt that it would be too late for me if I stayed back to wait for the concert to start at 8pm.

Did I just "all in all"? Well that was for the hairy issues. In general though, I enjoyed my day and am glad to have made it out of the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment